Who are eligible for this offer?
All Emtel prepaid and postpaid mobile internet pack users in Mauritius, Rodrigues and Agalega. Packages include Daily, Weekly and monthly mobile internet packages.
How can I benefit from the Free Facebook offer?
- Prepaid Emtel subscribers: All customers who have a mobile internet package active on their data enabled device will benefit from the service
- Postpaid Emtel subscribers: All customers who have an active mobile internet subscription on their data enabled device will benefit from the service.
What is the validity of the offer?
The validity of the offer will depend on the validity of the mobile internet pack that a customer has purchased.
- Daily pack customer: 24 hours free Facebook
- Weekly pack customer: 7 days free Facebook
- Monthly pack customer:30 days free Facebook
Which feature(s) from Facebook will be available for free?
- Update my status
- Like a post, share a post, comment on a post
- Add friends
- Check events
- Browse newsfeed
- View pictures /album on Facebook
- Chat on Facebook Messenger
- Upload picture and video on Facebook
- Viewing any video on Facebook or on external links like YouTube, Daily Motion, or others
- Video and voice call in Facebook Messenger
I am an Emtel mobile internet package user. Can I enjoy free Facebook even if my package volume is over but package validity has not expired?
Yes, you can still enjoy free Facebook but only until the expiry date of the purchased mobile internet pack.
What happens if I move from Facebook to an external link?
If a consumer moves from Facebook to an external link, data will be deducted from his/her data pack and if the consumer does not have any data pack, he/she will be charged at normal PAYG tariffs.
I am an Emtel Airbox Prepaid (Fixed Home internet service) subscriber, am I eligible for the offer?
No, this offer is available to mobile data users only.
How can I check my mobile internet package volume balance?
Mobile internet package remaining data volume can be checked by dialing *122# or via *100#. You will receive your mobile internet package balance via an SMS from Emtel.
I am not an Emtel mobile internet package user. I am browsing Facebook, How much will I be charged?
You will be charged for normal PAYG browsing tariff i.e. RS 0.003/KB Inc VAT which will be deducted from your account.
I have a mobile internet pack. I am browsing Facebook Free services only. However, after checking my data balance, I realize that I am being charged from my data package. Why?
You might be using only Free Facebook however, there might be some data running at the back end such as synchronizing of emails, automatic upgrades of applications etc. in order to ensure that you are not being charged for these background data, you need to set your background data in your phone settings.