Fun with SMS
Welcome to a world full of fun and excitement. Enjoy our various SMS based services.
|Week 1||Marie Marlène Josiane GEOFFROY||121 260||Huawei P Smart|
|Week 2||Satyam NAGADOO||183 010||Huawei P Smart|
|Week 3||Swasti GOWRYDOSS||657 585||Huawei P Smart|
|Week 4||Vikhi BAJADHUR||1 851 005||Huawei P Smart|
|Grand Prize||Marie Marlène Josiane GEOFFROY||5 043 055||Samsung Galaxy Note 9|
From 10th to 24th October, stand a chance to win an IPhone 8 by subscribing to Emtel SMS Trivia contest and showing off your general knowledge skills.
How to participate?
- Send EMTEL by SMS to 8833 to register
- Start replying to questions asked by sending “1” or “2” to earn points
- The participant with the highest number of points during the whole contest will win an IPhone 8 so the more SMS you send, the more points you get and the higher is your chance to win the Iphone 8.
- Upon registration, a participant gets 20 points
- A participant will earn 10 points per correct answer and every wrong answer will get him 5 points
- By inviting other Emtel subscribers not registered to the quiz, the participant will get 100 points
- Send POINTS to get total points
- SMS sent to 8833: Rs. 5 per SMS
SMS & Win - Terms and Conditions
SMS Trivia, “the Competition” is a contest based on general knowledge questions. The said competition is open to Mauritian Residents who are subscribers aged 18 years and above. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, a Subscriber means a mobile customer registered on Emtel Network and excludes Emtel staff, members of immediate families, Emtel consultants and Corporate customers.
Participation to the Quiz Contest is at the own risk of the Participant and is subject to the Participants agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions of the Contest. Their participation to the Quiz Contest is deemed acknowledgment and agreement to abide by the prevailing terms and conditions.
Subscribers willing to participate to the Quiz shall register by sending a pre-defined code by Short Message Service (“SMS”) to the Short Code 8833 (the “Short Code”) and he shall then be requested to send a nick name.
The nickname chosen will be the name used to address participants during the whole term of the SMS service and cannot be changed, thus nickname has to be chosen carefully.
All SMS sent to this Short Code will be charged as per tariff approved by the Information Communication Techonologies Authority, “ICTA” and will not be refundable.
Once registered, the participant shall receive a question with two options of answers (Option 1 and Option 2) by SMS. He replies by sending an SMS containing the number (“1” or “2”) of proposed answer to the Short Code. Whether the participant answers correctly or not, each reply shall trigger another question being sent to the participant.
A participant will earn 10 points per correct answer and every wrong answer will still get him 5 points.
A participant can invite another Subscriber or several other Subscribers to register for the contest. If that Subscriber or those Subscribers successfully register(s) for the Quiz contest following that invitation, the participant shall earn bonus points.
In addition to the above, a participant shall get bonus points if he does any of the following:
• Send a defined keyword as and when communicated by Emtel to the Short Code within a period set by Emtel
• Send a correct answer during a period set by Emtel.
• Send 5 correct answers in a row by attempting 5 consecutive questions
• The points earned by a participant shall be computed on the Day, his answer or keyword is sent to the Short Code
The Reward for the Quiz contest works out as follows:
The participant with the highest number of points during the whole contest will win an Iphone 8 64 GB.
In case there are 2 participants qualifying for the same Reward, the participant who accumulated the highest number of points first will be eligible for that Reward
The winner will be contacted via a call on their Emtel number, shall collect their respective prize by the date and at the place communicated by Emtel. Prize collection shall be subject to presentation of satisfactory proof of identity of the participant.
Approval of the transfer of the prize/ reward by the relevant participant remains at the discretion of Emtel.
The consent of the winner will be sought prior to Emtel publishing his/her name and photo in the press, on social media, on Emtel Website and in our point of sales.
The prize or reward cannot be exchanged, or redeemed and should be accepted in whole.
Emtel shall not entertain any request for information relating to a Participant’s status and/or ranking nor any request for such information relating to another Participant.
Any request for information made to Emtel shall be subject to Emtel’s sole discretion.
All participants are treated fairly and equally and shall act according to those terms.
Participants agree that given the nature of the Game, Emtel does not warrant that the functions provided in the Game will be uninterrupted or error free.
Emtel will under no circumstance whatsoever entertain any liability for any likely failure, which shall be corrected within the shortest possible delay.
Participants agree that he/she is solely responsible for its participation to the Quiz Contest and that Emtel shall not be liable for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by the Participant.
Emtel reserves the right to review and modify the present terms and conditions
Emtel reserves the right to terminate/discontinue the Quiz Contest with notice to the Participants at any time.
The Competition shall be governed, interpreted and construed in accordance with the Laws of the Republic of Mauritius.
Emtel may process the information and the data relating to the Subscriber which is collected in relation to the SMS Trivia or otherwise for the purposes of performing its obligations in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act of 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is SMS Trivia?
- SMS Trivia is a general knowledge theme SMS-based contest giving opportunity to Emtel subscribers to win prizes. Participants are invited to answer questions via SMS to earn points and to be eligible for prizes. Based on the points accumulated, participants can win daily or weekly prizes and a monthly prize.
- What is the duration of the SMS Trivia contest?
- SMS Trivia will run for 15 days from 10 October 2018 to 24 October 2018 (both days inclusive).
- How do I participate in SMS Trivia
- Send EMTEL by SMS to 8833.
- The participant will then receive a welcome SMS and will be asked to provide a NICKNAME. The instructions for the quiz will then be sent by SMS.
- Note: The participant will receive 20 points upon successfully registering to SMS Trivia
- Once registered, a question will automatically be sent to the participant. The participant shall receive a question with two options of answers (Option 1 and Option 2) by SMS. He replies by sending an SMS containing the number (“1” or “2”) for his proposed answer to 8833
- After every question answered, he shall automatically receive a message with his total number of points accumulated from the start of the quiz and receive another question or message to help him earn more points.
- For each answer sent, the participant will earn points. The higher the number of points accumulated, the higher the chance of winning the prize.
- What should I do if I am not receiving any question?
- Send EMTEL to 8833. The participant will then receive a new question.
- Who is eligible to participate in SMS Trivia?
- The SMS Trivia is open to all Emtel mobile and/or fixed wireless subscribers aged 18 years and above. Emtel staffs along with their parents, spouse and children, Emtel consultants and Corporate customers are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- What is the tariff?
- Each SMS sent to 8833 costs Rs 5 (Excl. VAT)
- Can I change my Nickname?
- No, unfortunately you will not be able to change the nickname you have registered. The nickname chosen will be the name by which you will be addressed in SMS from 8833, thus nickname has to be chosen carefully.
- How do I earn points?
- Upon registration, a participant gets 20 points.
- A participant will earn 10 points per correct answer and every wrong answer will still get him 5 points.
- By inviting other Emtel subscribers not registered to SMS Trivia, the participant will earn 100 points for every successful registration of those Emtel Subscribers.
- Note that bonus points can also be awarded from time to time.
- How do I earn bonus points?
- Bonus points can be awarded as follows:
- For 5 correct answers in a row - The participant will earn 100 bonus points every time he/she correctly answers 5 consecutive questions
- During “Bonus Mot Cle” - From time to time, the participant will receive a bonus keyword whereby he can send the bonus keyword to 8833 to receive bonus points
- During “Happy Hour” – From time to time, the participant will receive a message informing him about a period where any correct answer sent to 8833 during that period will earn him more points than the normal 10 points.
- What is the prize to be won?
The participant with the highest number of points during the whole contest will win an Iphone 8 64GB.
In case more than 1 participant qualifying for the same reward mentioned above, the participant who accumulated the highest number of points first will be eligible for that reward.
- If I am a winner, how do I collect my rewards/prizes?
- You will be contacted via a call on their Emtel number and shall collect their respective prize by the date communicated by Emtel. Prize/rewards collection shall be subject to presentation of satisfactory proof of identity of the participant.
- How do I check the number of points I have?
- Send POINTS to 8833.
- The participant will receive an SMS indicating the total number of points he has accumulated since his registration.
- Following that SMS, he will automatically get another question to continue.
- How do I check my rank?
- Participant’s status and/or ranking information is not provided by Emtel.
- How to stop receiving questions and messages from SMS Trivia?
- Send STOP to 8833.
- How can I rejoin SMS Trivia after I have sent STOP to 8833?
- Send EMTEL to 8833.
The participant will be considered back in the SMS Trivia and will receive a new question.
- Will I retain my previous points when I rejoin SMS Trivia?
- Yes. The participant will still have all the points accumulated prior to sending STOP to 8833.
- What is Bonus Mot Clé?
- From time to time, the participant will receive a message containing a bonus keyword (Bonus Mot Cle) from SMS Trivia. The participant will receive bonus points by sending the bonus keyword to 8833.
- What is Happy Hour?
- Happy Hour is a period of time on selected days during which every correct answer sent by the participant to
8833 will earn him more points than the normal 10 points. The participant will receive a message informing him about the Happy Hour time.
- How can I invite someone to register to SMS Trivia contest?
- You can invite another Emtel subscriber or several other Emtel subscribers to register for the quiz by sending “invit”followed by asterix (*) and “the mobile number of the person you are inviting”
Send invit*mobile number to 8833. Example: Send invit*5421xxxx to 8833
What is TamTam Sms?
Keep yourself up to date with TamTam Sms anywhere, anytime! With TamTam Sms you can receive daily sms on all your favourite topics.
A wide range of info ranging from news, sports, jokes, forex, astrology and much more are just an sms away.
How to use TamTam Sms?
Send the code of your favourite topic by sms to 333 and you will receive the info instantly.
To get the list of all the topics available and their corresponding codes, send tamtam by sms to 333.
All sms sent to 333 cost Rs 1.00/sms for both prepaid and postpaid users
Questions and Answers
- How do I get all the codes available on TamTam Sms?
- To get the list of all codes, send tamtam by sms to 333.
- Is TamTam Sms the same price as a normal sms?
- No. TamTam Sms is billed Rs 1.00/sms. A normal sms costs Rs0.70/sms for prepaid and Rs0.50 for postpaid.
What is Funfone 444?
With Funfone 444 get a great range of picture messages, logos, themes (animals, cartoons, greetings, love etc) and cool ring tones (Bollywood and Hollywood) for your mobile.
How to use Funfone 444?
Send the corresponding code by sms to 444 and download funky ring tones, logos and picture messages that match your personality and style!
All codes are available on the Emtel Fun portal.
Available on Nokia handsets only.
All sms sent to 444 cost Rs 2.50/sms for both prepaid and postpaid users.
Questions and Answers
- Does Funfone 444 work on any phone model?
- This service is available on Nokia handsets only
- Do I need to subscribe to the Emtelfun portal to be able to use Funfone 444?
What is Emtel Chat 777?
Feeling bored and lonely? With Emtel Chat 777 meet hundreds of people and make new friends. Chat incognito with hundreds of people across Mauritius and Rodrigues. Unlimited fun and excitement are at your fingertips!
How to use Emtel Chat 777?
First you have to register to the service and then simply log in to access a chat room. You have upto 30 chat rooms available. Different options are available. Send the corresponding code by sms to 777.
|Action||Codes to be sent to 777||Example|
|To register a user||R||R sweetboy 1234|
|To login as a user||L||L sweetboy 1234|
|To view a list of all chat rooms||RL||RL|
|To join in a room||J||J1|
|To view members in the room you are in||RM||RM|
|To create your own profile||CP||CP 20 m|
|To view a user profile||VP||VP nicegirl|
|To send a message to all users in a room||A||A Hi there! Wanna chat?|
|To send private message to one user||P||P nicegirl Hi there! How r U?|
|To send private message to more than one user||, (n users separated by comma)||P beauty, beast Hi guys! Wanna chat?|
|To block a user||BL||BL lou|
|To unblock a user||UNB||UNB|
|To delete your nick||D||D sweetboy 1234|
|To Create a private room||CPR||CPR dating|
|To see room members in a private room||RMP||CPR dating|
|To invite in private room||IN , (n users separated by comma)||IN shania,jenny|
|To join a private room||JPR||JPR dating|
|To send message to all users in private room||AP||AP Hi guys! Welcome to my room|
|To return to public room||RT||RT|
If you have sim intelligent menu:
If your sim card has an integrated intelligent menu, you can directly use the sub menus as follows:
Register to the service
E.g. To register, use the sub-menu ‘register’, write your
nickpassword. Click on ‘Send’.
Normal sms tariffs for all sms sent to 777
Questions and Answers
- How many chat rooms are there?
- There are 30 chat rooms with topics to suit your tastes and moods: Romance, Teens, Adults, Music, Movies, Sports, Racing, Gossip, Girls Only and many more!
- How many users can chat in 1 chat room?
- Up to 10 users can chat in one room. The 11th user who logs in will be automatically directed to another chat room of the same category.
- Can I change my nick name?
- You can change your nick name as many times as you wish.
- Who can use Emtel Chat 777?
- This service is available to all prepaid and postpaid users, and is to be used exclusively on a mobile phone.
- What will happen if I don’t chat for some time?
- You will be automatically logged off after 10 minutes.
- How do I get help by sms?
- Send HELP to 777
- Terms and conditions
- Click Here