Phone as a Modem
What is phone as a modem?
Using your 3G phone to connect a laptop or netbook to the internet is called tethering. If you have a prepaid or postpaid web package and have the right sort of phone, you might be able to use it for tethering.
Benefits of Emtel Phone as a Modem
- Access your favourite websites on your laptop or your computer via your mobile
- No need to buy a separate device to access Internet on the move
- Great when you need to connect your laptop or computer to the internet in a hurry
How to use your phone as a modem?
Connecting using a USB cable
Step 1: Pair your device via a USB cable
Step 2: Go to Control Panel and double click on Network connection
Step 3: Click Dial
Connecting using Bluetooth
Step 1: Pair your device via Bluetooth
Step 2: You will be prompted to enter the passkey
Web browsing : Rs 0.003 per KB (out of package)
Questions and Answers
- What is tethering?
- Tethering means using your phone as a modem – great when you need to connect a laptop or computer to the internet in a hurry. If you’re on bill pay and have a 3G phone, you may be able to use it for tethering.
- How does it work?
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable (or a special cable that comes with your phone) or via Bluetooth. You may also have to change some of the setting on your phone – check your user manual for details.
- How much does it cost?
- Web browsing will cost you Rs. 0.003 per KB out pf package. We advise you to take either a prepaid or postpaid package to enjoy surfing on the internet.