Gift and Collect
What is Emtel Gift and Collect SMS?
Emtel Gift and Collect SMS enables you to send sms to your loved ones so that they can reply to you for free OR send SMS even when you are out of credit!
- Stay connected with your friends even when you or they are out of credit
- With Collect SMS: send SMS for FREE to any Emtel number!
- Fast and easy to use
- Service available 24/7
- All sms sent to 8401 cost Rs 1.50/sms (including the Gift sms) for both prepaid and postpaid services
- All sms sent to 8402 cost Rs 1.00/sms for both prepaid and postpaid services
How to use Gift sms?
To send a Gift sms:
Send your sms* to 8401 followed by your correspondent's number. For example, send "Hi,. At what time are you coming?" and send this sms to 84015740xxxx
*Maximum number of characters: 136 (including spaces). "GIFT Msg,Reply For FREE:" will automatically be inserted in the sms.Your correspondent will receive an sms from 8402 followed by your number: 84025421xxxx
GIFT Msg,Reply For FREE: Hi. At what time are you coming?
To reply to a Gift sms:
Choose the Reply option to reply to a Gift SMS and type your message*.
Example: "I'll be there at 17hr. C u" and press Send.*Maximum number of characters: 148 (including spaces). "Gift reply:" will automatically be inserted in the sms.Your correspondent will receive the following message:
Gift reply: I'll be there at 17hr. C u
How to use Collect sms?
To send a Collect Sms:
Type your sms* and send it to 8402 followed by your correspondent's number.
For example, type "Hi. At what time are you coming?" and send this sms to 84025740xxxx..
*Maximum number of characters: 160 (including spaces).
Your correspondent will receive the following sms:
You have one collect message from 5743xxxx. To collect, reply with OK.
By pressing OK, your correspondent will receive your sms and you will then get a confirmation sms that your correspondent has accepted your collect SMS. SMS tariff: Rs. 1.00 for prepaid and postpaid services.Note: You cannot use accented letters in Gift or Collect sms.
Need more help?
Send Help to 8402* for more info on this service
Send Count to 8402* for transactions details
*Service free of charge
- Who can use this service?
- All prepaid and postpaid users can use this service
- Do I need to register to use this service?
- No registration is required.
- How many times can I use this service?
- You can use Gift or Collect SMS as many times as you wish.
- What is a Gift SMS?
- A Gift SMS is an sms which you can offer to someone. i.e. your correspondent can reply to you for FREE.
- What is a Collect SMS?
- A Collect SMS is an sms which has been read and paid for by your correspondent.
An unread Collect SMS is an sms that has not been accepted by your correspondent. (He/she does not accept to pay for the sms or has not yet noticed that he/she has received a Collect SMS).
- What happens if I reply to a Gift SMS with more than 148 characters?
- Extra characters will be sent to your correspondent in a Collect SMS.
- What happens when Collect SMS are not read?
- You can send up top 4 Collect SMS which remain unread. You will be able to send Collect SMS again once your previous Collect SMS are read.
- If I sent 4 Collect SMS which remain unread, can I still send Gift SMS?
- Yes. These are two different services.
- What is the validity of a Gift SMS and a Collect SMS?
- A Gift SMS and a Collect SMS have a validity period of 24 hours. After 24 hours, the sms will be erased on the system.
- What happens if my correspondent's phone number is not an Emtel number?
- The service will not work. You will receive an sms to inform you that you have used an invalid number. For Gift SMS, the price of the sms will still be deducted from your account.
- Does the service work when I am on roaming?
- Yes. But additional roaming charges will apply.