What is Emtel Easy Transfer?
Emtel Easy Transfer enables you to transfer credit to your friends and family whenever you feel like or when they are in need.
You can transfer a minimum of Rs. 5 and up to Rs. 1000 per day on as many mobile numbers as you wish in Mauritius, Rodrigues and Agalega.
Benefits of Easy Transfer
- Fast and simple to use
- Help friends and family when they are out of credit
- Service available 24/7
- Conveniently recharge the account of your kids or family using your mobile
- Transfer your credit securely with a password-protected system
- Send credit to friends and family even when they are abroad*
*(In countries where Emtel has roaming agreements)
How to use to Emtel Easy Transfer?
- Send “amount to be transferred” followed by “phone number on which you want to transfer credit” and your “password” by SMS to 8747.
E.g if you have a credit of Rs. 100 and you transfer Rs. 20, you will have a remaining credit of Rs. 79.40 (Credit transferred amounts to Rs. 20 and Rs. 0.60 will be deducted for the sms sent to 8747).
- Service is FREE of charge (no monthly fee required)
- Only sms sent to 8747 and 8748 will be charged at Rs. 0.60 per sms
- Service is FREE for those who receive the credit
- Who can use this service?
- All prepaid users can send and receive credit through Emtel Easy Transfer.
- Do we need to register to be able to use the service?
- No registration is necessary. All Emtel Prepaid Subscribers can use the Easy Transfer Service. To request for a new password to use the service, call our Customer Care on 8970. Please provide your mobile number, your name and ID number for verification purposes and a new password will be sent to you by SMS
- What should I do if I forget my password?
- Call our Customer Care on 8970. Please provide your mobile number, your name and ID number for verification purposes and a new password will be sent to you by SMS
- Will I receive a confirmation message that credit has been transferred?
- Yes. You will automatically receive an sms to confirm that your credit has well been transferred.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password as often as you wish by sending: NEWPIN <New Password> <Old Password> to 8748. Your password must consist of 4 to 6 alphanumeric characters
- Is the service secured?
- Yes. Remember to keep your password in a safe place. Never disclose your password. We also advise you to erase all SMS sent to 8747 and 8748.
- How much credit can I transfer?
- You can transfer between Rs. 5 and Rs. 1000 per day.
- How many times per day can I use the service?
- You can use the service as many times as you wish provided you do not exceed maximum amount of Rs. 1000.
- What is the validity of the credit received?
- Your credit validity will depend on the validity of your last recharge through EPin, Scratch cards or ATM. For example: if your last recharge had a credit validity of 30 days, the amount received through Easy Transfer will also be valid for 30 days.
- Do I need to have a minimum balance to be able to transfer credit?
- Yes. You need to have a minimum credit of Rs. 5.60 on your mobile. You will then be able to transfer a minimum of Rs. 5 and pay Rs. 0.60 for sms sent to 8747.