Emtel Wifi Internet
Emtel Wifi Internet
The Emtel Wifi Internet comprises of a router and a desk phone (without CLI). You can use the router for internet browsing using Emtel’s 3G/HSPA+ network and the desk phone for all your calls purposes.
The router is WiFi compatible with speed up to 21.6Mbps, which allows you to have a super-fast internet experience and at the same time use the desk phone to make calls. You can connect up to 32 devices (PC, laptop, tablet, mobile..), at the same time, through the router WiFi and you can also connect devices through the router 4 LAN ports.
You can purchase the router (prepaid or postpaid) and the desk phone NOW at only Rs 999 (Incl. VAT)
Questions and Answers
- What is the Emtel Wifi Internet?
- The Emtel Wifi Internet comprises of a router and a desk phone
- The H&O broadband contains a SIM card which is locked to the router.
- The SIM card allows you to do mainly Data browsing using 3G/HSPA+ networks
- A desk phone can be connected to the RJ11 port to make/receive calls using the same SIM card
- SMS can be done through the router interface.
- No wired connection is required.
- International roaming service is barred.
- The service is offered on both prepaid and postpaid services
- What is a router?
- A router is a device which allows you to connect to the internet. The Emtel router comprises of below features:
- Data – Upto 21.6 Mbps
- RJ 45: 4(1) LAN Ports
- RJ11: 1 port for CS voice
- Internal 3G and WiFi antenna
- External 3G antenna interface
- Does the router have any warranty period?
- Yes, you will get 12 months warranty
- What is the price of the router and the desk phone?
- Rs 999 (incl VAT). In this price you get the Router and a Basic Desk Phone (Panasonic KX-TS500MXB – Corded without CLI) phone free of charge.
- Can I use the SIM card in the router/ desk phone on another device?
- No. You are not allowed to remove the SIM cards from the router as it has been configured to work only with the router and will not work on any other devices. Any other SIM cards will not work on the router also. In case you try to use the sim on another device, the warranty gets void.
- What are the specifications of the desk phone?
- It is a basic corded phone without CLI (Caller Line Identification)
- How many devices can be connected at a time on WiFi?
- You can connect up to 32 devices at a time through Wi-Fi. 4 additional devices can be connected through the LAN Ports.
- Does the router provide WiFi access?
- Can I choose another phone other than the basic desk phone?
- Yes. You can choose from a corded phone with CLI (Caller line identification) or a cordless phone. You will have to pay an additional fee: for the corded (CLI) Rs 499 & for the cordless Rs 899
- What is the cost of a package?
- *All prices incl. VAT
Payment Type Package Version Data Voice Monthly Price(Rs) Prepaid Lite 5 GB Nil 599 Postpaid Lite 5 GB 180 mins (to fixed) 689 Postpaid XL 10 GB Nil 909 Postpaid XL 10 GB 180 mins (to fixed) 999
- What are the prices for voice calls?
- Voice calls to any other fixed line is Rs 0.60/min and calls to any mobile is Rs 1.45/min
- How do I purchase a package?
- You can either put an EPin of the exact amount of the package (Rs 799 for Lite package and Rs 1,299 for XL Package) or recharge your account with sufficient balance and send an SMS to 8284. Send sublite to buy a Lite Package (Rs 694.78 would be deducted from your account) OR send subXL to buy an XL package (Rs 1,129.57 would be deducted from your account).
- How can I send SMS from my device?
- After connecting to internet through the router, launch a web browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Enter the password, and log-in to the web management page. The default password is admin, which can be changed at any time. You can send or receive SMS through this web management page. For any queries, please click on the section on the web management page.
- What happens if I forget my password for the web management page?
- In case you forget the password, you should reset all standard settings for your router. This can be done by pushing the button on the bottom of the router. After doing this, please switch off the router and switch it on, all the standard settings would be restored on your device. The default password would be applicable.
- How can I restrict the number of devices I want to be connected to the router through WiFi?
- You can do that by visiting the section on the web management page. For any further assistance on the web management page, please click on the section on the web management page.
- What happens if I stop using the router for several months?
- If you stop using the router for several months, your account will be suspended. You will have to bring the router to our store to get the SIM card changed
- What is the cost of an out of bundle package for data?
- You will pay Rs 299 for 1 GB for both package types (Only for Postpaid). However if you are on prepaid, you may take the Lite (Rs 799 VAT Incl) or XL (Rs 1,299 VAT Incl) packages any number of times
- Where can I purchase the Emtel Wifi Internet?
- You can purchase the Emtel Wifi Internet at any Emtel stores and at our Emtel Retailers
- What documents should I bring to purchase the Emtel Wifi Internet?
- For Prepaid: You have to bring along your ID card or passport
- For Postpaid: You have to bring along your ID card or passport, proof of address (not older than 3 months) and your bank account details
Terms and Conditions
By ordering and/or using the Emtel Wifi Internet/Fixed Wireless service (the “Emtel Wifi Internet Service” or “this Service”) the Subscriber agrees and accepts fully the terms and conditions as set out herein and in the General Terms and Conditions of Service to the extent that the terms therein are not inconsistent with these special terms and conditions:
Emtel Wifi Internet SERVICE.
Emtel Wifi Internet Service refers to the telecommunication service (voice, data, Value Added Services etc) as provided from time to time by EMTEL via a fixed wireless handset device (“Fixed Wireless Terminal”) connected to EMTEL’s wireless network such as a GSM or 3G network, or such other technology as may be made available by EMTEL from time to time.
Subscriber agrees to be bound by this Agreement and to use the Service in compliance with the terms of this Agreement and with EMTEL’s General Terms and Conditions of Service and acceptable usage policies and any modifications made to same by EMTEL from time to time.
- SUBSCRIBER ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS REGARDING THE SERVICE.
- 3.1.The Emtel Wifi Internet Service consists of a fixed wireless connection. While EMTEL will undertake all reasonable commercial efforts to deliver the stated Service the Subscriber acknowledges that Service speed can vary depending on Internet traffic and other factors beyond the control of EMTEL.
- 3.2.EMTEL Emtel Wifi Internet Service is powered by a standard electrical connection. If the customer’s electrical connection fails then the Service will be disrupted or will be unavailable.
- 3.3.Access to services is provided on a “best effort” basis and is reliant on an electrical supply to the Subscriber Equipment (as defined in Section 4 below) and availability of the network. In the circumstance where service is unavailable due to network availability, the Subscriber may terminate the service in writing within 7 days from the time it is first connected on EMTEL’s network, without penalty and with refund of fees paid.
- 3.4.Subscriber accepts that EMTEL may change or withdraw any element of this Service from time to time and will use reasonable efforts to notify Subscriber of any necessary change in the Services.
- 3.5.Subscriber acknowledges that internet access using this Service is an “always on” connection to the internet while the Fixed Wireless Terminal is powered on and that it is Subscriber’s SOLE RESPONSIBILITY to install, configure and maintain suitable security measures to protect Subscriber’s computer and other device from unauthorised or malicious access from the internet. Any advice or equipment provided by EMTEL is provided ‘as is’ and EMTEL accepts no responsibility or liability for the security of Subscriber’s systems.
- 3.6.Both uploads and downloads are taken into consideration for the computation of data usage for the Service.
- 3.7 EMTEL shall at its discretion and if practicable, use reasonably endeavours to notify the Subscriber at interval where the Subscriber is approaching its credit limit. However it shall be the sole responsibility of the Subscriber to monitor his own usage.
- 3.8 The Emtel Wifi Internet Service is not provided with International Roaming capability. The Subscriber shall not use the Emtel Wifi Internet Service for International Roaming Agreement. Breach of this clause will be deemed material and EMTEL shall reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as of right and without any judicial or extra judicial formality.
- EQUIPMENT & WARRANTY
- 4.1.Upon entering into this agreement and payment of the relevant fees, the Subscriber shall be provided with the Subscriber Equipment. For the purposes of this Agreement, Subscriber Equipment refers to the Fixed Wireless Terminal and/or Spare Part.
- 4.2.Subscriber agrees to use the Subscriber Equipment reasonably and in accordance with EMTEL’s instructions and equipment User Guide. In the event where Subscriber Equipment is loaned to Subscriber by EMTEL, that Equipment shall remain the sole property of EMTEL and Subscriber agrees to take reasonable steps to protect the Equipment from damage, loss or theft.
- 4.3.If EMTEL cannot for any reason recover the Equipment in good condition on demand from Subscriber then Subscriber agrees that he will be immediately liable to pay a replacement fee determined by EMTEL plus applicable taxes. 4.4.Subscriber agrees to notify EMTEL as soon as reasonably possible once he becomes aware of any damage to the equipment or defect in the operation of the equipment by telephoning EMTEL at the numbers or addresses published from time to time.
- 4.5.Subscriber agrees not to, nor allow any other party to modify, tamper the Equipment. Any evidence of tamper will tantamount to material breach by the Subscriber entitling EMTEL to terminate the Agreement as of right without the need for any judicial or extra judicial formality. 4.6.The Subscriber Equipment is provided with a warranty in accordance with EMTEL’s warranty policy.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED BY THE WARRANTY POLICY REPRESENTS EMTEL’S ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY AND IS MADE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- Emtel Wifi Internet Service is to be provided between stationary network connecting points and at the address indicated by the Subscriber as the Installation Address provided by the Subscriber on the Tariff and Subscription Details for User. The Subscriber may be charged higher rates and penalty if the Subscriber Equipment is used at place(s) other than the Installation Address. It is the Subscriber’s responsibility to inform EMTEL in writing of any change in this address.
Apart from the above, the following terms and conditions apply
- You are not allowed to remove the SIM card from the router
- The SIM card will not work on any other devices except the router and no other SIM card will work on the router
- You will get 12 months warrantee on the router
- Packages are available both in prepaid and postpaid
- Packages exist in LITE (5 GB) and XL (10 GB)
- You can choose only between 5 GB or 10 GB on the first time of purchase
- You have the option to top up with 1 GB (Rs 299) if you are out of package
- A discount of Rs 100 apply if you choose to purchase only the router
- You can choose between two other desk phones if you do not want the basic desk phone, however you will have an extra fee to pay:
Corded CLI = Rs 999 + Rs 499
Cordless phone = Rs 999 + Rs899
- Your account will be suspended if you stop using it for several months. You will have to bring the router to your nearest Emtel showroom to replace the SIM card
- All SMS sent on 8284 is free of charge