Terms and Conditions
By ordering and/or using the EMTEL Home & Office/Fixed Wireless service (the “EMTEL Home & Office Service” or “this Service”) the Subscriber agrees and accepts fully the terms and conditions as set out herein and in the General Terms and Conditions of Service to the extent that the terms therein are not inconsistent with these special terms and conditions:
- EMTEL HOME & OFFICE SERVICE.
EMTEL Home & Office Service refers to the telecommunication service (voice, data, Value Added Services etc) as provided from time to time by EMTEL via a fixed wireless handset
device (“Fixed Wireless Terminal”) connected to EMTEL’s wireless network such as a GSM or 3G network, or such other technology as may be made available by EMTEL from
time to time.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT/AGREEMENT.
Subscriber agrees to be bound by this Agreement and to use the Service in compliance with the terms of this Agreement and with EMTEL’s General Terms and Conditions of Service and acceptable usage policies and any modifications made to same by EMTEL from time to time.
- SUBSCRIBER ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS REGARDING THE SERVICE.
- 3.1.The EMTEL Home & Office Service consists of a fixed wireless connection. While EMTEL will undertake all reasonable commercial efforts to deliver the stated Service the Subscriber acknowledges that Service speed can vary depending on Internet traffic and other factors beyond the control of EMTEL.
- 3.2.EMTEL Home & Office Service is powered by a standard electrical connection. If the customer’s electrical connection fails then the Service will be disrupted or will be unavailable.
- 3.3.Access to services is provided on a “best effort” basis and is reliant on an electrical supply to the Subscriber Equipment (as defined in Section 4 below) and availability of the network. In the circumstance where service is unavailable due to network availability, the Subscriber may terminate the service in writing within 7 days from the time it is first connected on EMTEL’s network, without penalty and with refund of fees paid.
- 3.4.Subscriber accepts that EMTEL may change or withdraw any element of this Service from time to time and will use reasonable efforts to notify Subscriber of any necessary change in the Services.
- 3.5.Subscriber acknowledges that internet access using this Service is an “always on” connection to the internet while the Fixed Wireless Terminal is powered on and that it is Subscriber’s SOLE RESPONSIBILITY to install, configure and maintain suitable security measures to protect Subscriber’s computer and other device from unauthorised or malicious access from the internet. Any advice or equipment provided by EMTEL is provided ‘as is’ and EMTEL accepts no responsibility or liability for the security of Subscriber’s systems.
- 3.6.Both uploads and downloads are taken into consideration for the computation of data usage for the Service.
- 3.7 EMTEL shall at its discretion and if practicable, use reasonably endeavours to notify the Subscriber at interval where the Subscriber is approaching its credit limit. However it shall be the sole responsibility of the Subscriber to monitor his own usage.
- 3.8 The EMTEL Home & Office Service is not provided with International Roaming capability. The Subscriber shall not use the EMTEL Home & Office Service for International Roaming Agreement. Breach of this clause will be deemed material and EMTEL shall reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as of right and without any judicial or extra judicial formality.
- EQUIPMENT & WARRANTY
- 4.1.Upon entering into this agreement and payment of the relevant fees, the Subscriber shall be provided with the Subscriber Equipment. For the purposes of this Agreement, Subscriber Equipment refers to the Fixed Wireless Terminal and/or Spare Part.
- 4.2.Subscriber agrees to use the Subscriber Equipment reasonably and in accordance with EMTEL’s instructions and equipment User Guide. In the event where Subscriber Equipment is loaned to Subscriber by EMTEL, that Equipment shall remain the sole property of EMTEL and Subscriber agrees to take reasonable steps to protect the Equipment from damage, loss or theft.
- 4.3.If EMTEL cannot for any reason recover the Equipment in good condition on demand from Subscriber then Subscriber agrees that he will be immediately liable to pay a replacement fee determined by EMTEL plus applicable taxes. 4.4.Subscriber agrees to notify EMTEL as soon as reasonably possible once he becomes aware of any damage to the equipment or defect in the operation of the equipment by telephoning EMTEL at the numbers or addresses published from time to time.
- 4.5.Subscriber agrees not to, nor allow any other party to modify, tamper the Equipment. Any evidence of tamper will tantamount to material breach by the Subscriber entitling EMTEL to terminate the Agreement as of right without the need for any judicial or extra judicial formality.
- 4.6.The Subscriber Equipment is provided with a warranty in accordance with EMTEL’s warranty policy.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED BY THE WARRANTY POLICY REPRESENTS EMTEL’S ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY AND IS MADE
EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- LIMITATIONS OF THE EMTEL HOME & OFFICE SERVICE
EMTEL Home & Office Service is to be provided between stationary network connecting points and at the address indicated by the Subscriber as the Installation Address provided by the Subscriber on the Tariff and Subscription Details for User. The Subscriber may be charged higher rates and penalty if the Subscriber Equipment is used at place(s) other than the Installation Address. It is the Subscriber’s responsibility to inform EMTEL in writing of any change in this address.
Apart from the above, the following terms and conditions apply
- You are not allowed to remove the SIM card from the router
- The SIM card will not work on any other devices except the router and no other SIM card will work on the router
- You will get 12 months warrantee on the router
- Packages are available both in prepaid and postpaid
- Packages exist in LITE (5 GB) and XL (10 GB)
- You can choose only between 5 GB or 10 GB on the first time of purchase
- You have the option to top up with 1 GB (Rs 299) if you are out of package
- A discount of Rs 100 apply if you choose to purchase only the router
- You can choose between two other desk phones if you do not want the basic desk phone, however you will have an extra fee to pay:
Corded CLI = Rs 2899 + Rs 499
Cordless phone = Rs 2899 + Rs899
- Your account will be suspended if you stop using it for several months. You will have to bring the router to your nearest Emtel showroom to replace the SIM card
- All SMS sent on 8284 is free of charge